loading...

Schoolgirl Dies After Charging Phone Exploded On Her Pillow

A teenage schoolgirl has passed away after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow while she slept.

Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, 14, went to bed listening to music as many teenagers do at her home in Bastobe, Kazakhstan.
The next morning she was found dead with the phone's battery having exploded close to her head.
Her device had been plugged in to a power socket, said police. She is believed to have suffered severe head injuries and died on the spot.
Forensic experts later confirmed that the mobile exploded in the early morning after overheating as it charged and this was the cause of death, said local reports.
Her death was described as a 'tragic accident' while the brand of smartphone was not disclosed.
Alua's distraught best friend posted: "I still cannot believe it. You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You have left me forever."
This isn't the first report of a phone blowing up and causing injuries to the owner. Earlier this year a man in India was filmed on CCTV as his phone blew up in his pocket.
The footage shows him working in a hardware factory with two other men, when suddenly an explosion can be seen occurring in his trouser pocket. He jumps up from his seat and frantically tries to get the phone away from him while smoke is pouring out.

loading...